Vivaldi

I screened a work-in-progress version of Three Sketches to a small group of people last week and got some very useful feedback. As a result I've started experimenting with sound for the film and during my experimentation I produced this track, to which I added some trippy visuals in After Effects. It all turned out a lot more interesting than I expected, so I'm publishing the video on Youtube.




I've been listening to a lot of 800% slow videos on Youtube recently. I find them good accompaniment to work. Some of my favourites include: F Zero - Big BlueIcecap ZoneA Real Hero. The stretch effect used in these videos creates a smooth, dreamy, otherworldly sound. The stretch effect I used doesn't smooth the track but instead estimates where the notes should be placed, to the nearest semitone. The resulting sound is equally otherworldly, perhaps even more so, but also very busy and complex. This is a quality I may incorporate into my soundtrack.

It's also the biggest file and longest video I've uploaded to date, at 21 minutes 16 seconds! 😄

Comments